Saturday, November 26, 2011

Leftover Turkey Pot Pie

So breakfast/lunch/dinner today is Turkey Pot Pie using Thanksgiving leftovers. It turned out pretty good, so I'm sharing it. I don't measure ingredients, so use your eyeballs. That's what I do. If that doesn't work for you, you might try crying to your mommy - that's what I do in an emergency or when things don't go my way. Mommy's kisses still make everything better.
So let's get started.


Set your oven to 350.

Finish off any remaining pumpkin pie. Don't bother washing the pan (seriously, who enjoys doing dishes?) - just scrape out any remaining crust then spray with cooking spray. Press some leftover dressing into the pie plate - this will be your crust. Just spread it how thick you want it. In a bowl, mix your leftover green beans (I guess about 1/2 cup), about 1 1/2 cups of turkey in gravy (if your turkey isn't in gravy, go cry to your mommy - she'll know what to do. Moms always know what to do) and about a cup of corn (you can also add other leftovers, like carrots, onions and whatever else you want). Spread over crust. In a separate bowl, mix about a cup of dressing with 2 eggs. This will be your top crust. Spread on top of pie. My pie was heaping, so you might want to use a large pie plate, or an 8x8 dish.

Stick your pie in the oven until it boils and the top crust is a bit crispy. Serve with cranberry sauce. It would also be great with chopped up cranberries thrown in.

If your turkey or dressing was bad, do not attempt. Either cry to your mommy, or next year use my turkey brine recipe - you'll never have a bad turkey using my brine.

No comments:

Post a Comment